About Juvederm Ultra XC:
- Juvéderm Ultra XC is a dermal filler containing hyaluronic acid, water, and lidocaine.
- It’s primarily used for the treatment of lip lines and thinning lips.
- The active ingredients in Juvéderm Ultra XC are well-tolerated. Minor side effects include post-treatment pain, swelling, and bruising.
- Allergic reactions are rare.
- More serious side effects include scarring and infections.
- Juvederm injections are relatively quick. These can take as little as half an hour for the lip area.
- You don’t need to take time off work for this procedure. Requires no recovery time.
- The national average is $120 per treatment. Your cost can vary based on treatment provider, region, and number of injections needed.
- Results are immediate and can last for up to one year.
Juvéderm Ultra XC is a type of dermal filler. Approved by the FDATrusted Source in 2010, it’s primarily used to treat facial wrinkles and to increase lip fullness.
Each injection contains a gel-like material made of water, hyaluronic acid (HA), and lidocaine, a local anesthetic. HA is designed to plump up your skin by increasing volume from underneath.
This treatment is intended for adults.
Juvederm Ultra XC costs an average of $120 per treatment. Some costs are higher depending on where you live. The number of injections you need also affects total cost.
Since all Juvéderm products are considered cosmetic procedures, your treatment won’t be covered by insurance. You’ll need to work out the exact total cost with your provider ahead of time. Some doctors offer plans for paying monthly toward the cost of treatment.
Juvéderm Ultra XC injections aren’t surgical, so you don’t need to take any extended time off from work. You might consider taking the day when you’ll get injections off just for convenience, but it’s not a medical necessity.
Juvederm Ultra XC contains HA and water. When HA combines with water, it turns into a gel-like material that creates volume. As this combination is injected into your skin, it helps volumize the tissues. Any wrinkles are “filled in,” leaving a smoother appearance.
The “XC” in the product name indicates the inclusion of 0.3 percent lidocaine. This design is to prevent pain from the injections. It can also save time because you won’t need a separate topical pain reliever prior to the procedure. One reportTrusted Source indicated 93 percent of clinical trial participants noticed a reduction in pain with lidocaine-containing formulas.
Little prep and aftercare is a requirement for each injection. The total time spent depends on how many injections you’re getting. The procedure may take up to one hour.
Since Juvéderm contains lidocaine, your treatment provider won’t need to apply a topical anesthetic to your skin before the injections. They might cleanse your skin first, and then inject the product into the target areas.
You shouldn’t feel any pain at all. Instead, you might feel slight pressure and tingling as a result of product inject.
Once the injections are complete, you can leave.
Juvederm Ultra XC is primarily being use to treat laugh lines or smile lines, which are the wrinkles that develop along the sides of your mouth. This type of injection is also in use for lip augmentation.
If you’re looking for treatment of wrinkles under the eyes or in the cheeks, your doctor might recommend another type of Juvéderm injection.